Ganoderma Lucidum is a rare mushroom known as the red reishi in Japan and the lingzhi in China. The mushrooms are grown at bases and stumps of deciduous trees such as maples. The interesting thing is that only 2 or 3 trees out of 10,000 actually produces Ganoderma.
Many years ago, only kings and emperors could afford the expensive, luxurious drinks made from Ganoderma. The location of this mushroom was kept as a well guarded secret, to protect its rarity. Ganoderma, the Wonder Mushroom (Herb) that has withstood the test of time in China for over 4,000 years has now been re-discovered by the Western World.
For over 4,000 years Ganoderma Lucidum has been recognized by Chinese medical professionals as the highest ranked of all herbs found in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia. The Chinese name for Ganoderma is Lingzhi, means “spiritual potency”. The Japanese name for Ganoderma is Reishi and is regarded as the King of Herbs.
Dr. Shi-Jean Lee, the most famous Chinese medical doctor of the Ming Dynasty, strongly endorsed the effectiveness of Ganoderma in his famous book, Ban Chao Gang Moo (“Great Pharmacopoeia”). He stated that the “long-term taking of Ganoderma (Reishi) (Lingzhi) will build a strong, healthy body and assure a long life.” Ganoderma is the closest thing to nutritional perfection found in nature.
What are the benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum?
- Supports and builds the Immune System.
- Oxygenates the Body
- Boosts stamina
- Packed with over 150 all-natural antioxidants that fight free radicals
- Improves blood circulation
- Promotes younger skin (GanoDERMA)
- Promotes cell rejuvenation
- More energy
- A powerful detoxifyer for the body
- Promotes deeper and more enjoyable sleep
- Promotes sexual stamina
Ganoderma Lucidum contains the most powerful nutrients that can help the human body to maintain its natural state of good health. It also improves its level of health if there are problems.
Ganoderma Lucidum works completely on the body and not on the disease. Ganoderma Lucidum enhances and promotes the strengthening of your natural immune system, balancing the body and as a result treats itself for a wide range of health problems. Ganoderma Lucidum is known to promotes overall good vitality and health. It also acts as a harmonizer on the body and helps maintain body balance.
Science has shown that antioxidants neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals of normal cellular respiration and metabolism. Ganoderma Lucidum is one of the most powerful anti-oxidants at 23,500 I.U’s
A healthy body has a healthy heart, healthy blood pressure, healthy cholesterol levels, normal blood sugar levels and a healthy respiratory system. All the organs in the body operate without problems.
“Ganoderma Lucidum promotes, improves and maintains general well-being”
Ganoderma Lucidum is the English scientific name for a species of red mushroom that once grew in the wild and is now being cultivated at special farms, in pristine natural growing conditions. Ganoderma Lucidum is currently used in Chinese medicine and contains more than 200 active elements that are known to improve health. The following are a few that modern science is currently focusing on:
- Strengthen the body’s immune system
- Balance blood sugar level and improves pancreatic functions
- Protect against degeneration of skin cells and eliminates dead surface cells which improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of aging
- Controls destruction of healthy cells throughout the body
- Eliminates accumulated toxins
- Increases oxygen in the blood system
- Reduces fatigue and increases vitality
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases the metabolism
- Contains an abundance of anti-oxidants that control or inhibit damaging free radicals. Free radicals are a major cause of cell degeneration, cancer and aging.
- Assists our body’s natural ability to maintain healthy cells
- Reduces cholesterol and body fat
- Helps to unclog arteries plugged with fatty deposits, and supports liver function
- Balances the metabolic rate and boosts energy
- Prevents fragmentation of platelets which can cause blockages in the circulatory system
- Fortifies and improves the digestive system
- Inhibits allergies, relieves sinus congestion, and helps with respiratory problems
- Reduces cholesterol and fat
- Rejuvenates the body’s tissues and cells
- Boosts all the body’s functions
- Helps to maintain youthfulness and contributes to improved vitality
- Overcomes skin disorders and beautifies the skin
- Is effective for relieving external problems such as scrapes, skin wounds, psoriasis, bug bites, stings, sunburn, mouth ulcers, and external bleeding.
Research has shown that Ganoderma Lucidum has many unique active constituents. One group of active constituents is the Polysaccharides. The various types of Polysaccharides found in Ganoderma Lucidum have demonstrated immune-enhancing properties which includes enhancement of several important interleukins. Another major class of compounds is the Triterpenes. These compounds have been reported to have adaptogenic, anti-hypertensive, and anti-allergy effects.
Ganoderma Lucidum has been shown in some studies to inhibit platelet aggregation and reduce blood pressure. In studies of people with hypertension, researchers found blood pressure was significantly reduced over two-weeks’ time with reishi supplementation.
Ganoderma Lucidum is commonly prescribed by practitioners for long-term immune system support. In studies involving patients with advanced tumors, the patients were given Ganoderma Lucidum for thirty days. Researchers found a marked immune-modulating effect as demonstrated by an increase in T lymphocytes and decreased CD8 counts. Patients also reported reduced side effects due to chemotherapy or radiation as well as postoperation recovery.
Blood Sugar Balance
Studies have shown Ganoderma Lucidum to have a blood sugar lowering effect. Much of this activity appears to be due to polysaccharides known as Ganoderans A, B, and C.
It appears there are three main mechanisms behind this hypoglycemic effect. This includes Ganoderma Lucidum’s ability to elevate plasma insulin levels, to enhance peripheral tissue utilization of glucose, and to enhance liver metabolism of glucose.
Studies have shown that hot-water extracts of Ganoderma Lucidum have anti-inflammatory effects.
Ganoderma Lucidum is commonly used for its hepatoprotective (liver protective) action.
One of the unique uses of Ganoderma Lucidum is for altitude sickness. Reishi appears to reduce altitude sickness by oxygenating the blood. This benefit was studied in Asian mountain climbers that ascended mountains as high as 17,000 feet with minimal reaction.
How to get Ganoderma
We offer Ganoderma in capsules, powder, and in delicious instant coffee. Contact our office if you’d like to try Ganoderma for yourself.